My Blog List

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Impromptu Session

A few days ago, my friend Emma asked me to look over her paper for English 103. Since I haven't been seeing much action in the writing center lately, I agreed. Her paper was about Columbine, and the effect of looking at photos after the tragedy. It was a great experience, because I realized it was a very typical example of what I will see in the writing center. She is a great writer, and was actually referred to take 383 next semester. However, her writing lacked a central claim. Looking over her paper also gave me experience with very intelligent students who are good writers, which are students that I foresee being a challenge in the writing center. This experience also allowed me to see how much I am learning in 383 and how much progress I have made as a writer!

No comments:

Post a Comment